If you are a little worried about eating food in the old Quarter in Hanoi, then this is a Must Do! With hundreds of food places in this area, it's difficult to know which are good to eat or not. There are definitely one's that you should not venture into, but with this Food on Foot Tour, be confident that Awesome Travel
has vetted the places you go to, and allow yourself to experience fantastic local speciality flavours. Put this tour on your list of 'must do'.
At 11.30 (or 18.00), our tour guide will welcome you at your hotel lobby, then start walking tour in old quarter "36 streets" to visit some famous and specialized- food families or stalls/ local restaurants, shops where they run their business everyday, certainly you will watch and taste some particular dishes (Please let us know you are vegetarian or special requirement)
The old quarter in Hanoi is over one thousand years old and today retains much of the old flavor that made the area special in earlier times, each street was the exclusive domain of one trade (guilds) so there are whole streets of blacksmiths, silver shops, paper shops, headstone makers and more. Originally there were just 36 streets in the old quarter but today there are more than 50 streets. Although many of the streets are short, and the area is rather compact,
It is very difficult to find some local food on your own in hidden alleys or sidewalks, certainly the best way to make it easy is joining with Awesome Travel, taking part in this special tour to learn about Vietnamese cuisine, culture, people and language.
After all, Food on Foot will give you an unique experience to try the foods of the local Hanoi people, We ensure the food is handled hygienically and provide a comfortable venue for the tastings. The benefit also goes back to the vendors or restaurants/ families as we buy directly from them.
At 14.30 (or 21.00) at the end of your trip, say goodbye to our tour guide, see you again!
------------------------------ + -----------------------------------
Class Join Group Price Private Tour Price
From 2 - 4 pax 5- 8 pax From 2 - 4 pax 5 – 8 pax
Standard 32 30 40 35
Superior 40 38 48 43
Deluxe 55 50 65 60
Premium 60 65 75 65
+ Travel Tip: Food on Foot tour is focusing on street food stalls as well as lovely mini restaurants (not luxury restaurants), certainly they are experienced and appreciated by our local experts everyday, you'll keep on ordering food as long as you keep eating, suggestion that you should taste a little bit each place, then foot & food.
- This tour is organized as small group- joining tour (Maximum 8 guests join together)
- Private tour means that only your own group (can be your family, friends), not joining with other guests.
* Standard class: 3 hours tour, E.S Tour guide, pick up your hotel in old quarter, authentic food (not seafood)and drinks.
* Superior class: 4 hours tour, English tour guide, pick up your hotel in old quarter, authentic food (not seafood), drinks. Water puppet show (option that you can choose cyclo riding for an hour round in the old quater)
* Deluxe class: 3 hours tour, English tour guide, pick up your hotel in old quarter, seafood, authentic food, drinks.
* Premium class: 4.5 hour tour, English tour guide, pick up your hotel in old quarter, authentic food (not seafood), drinks, visit a local family. 75 minutes body massage.
- Personal expenses for shopping, tips "your appreciation with tour guide, not compulsory"
Hanoi food, Hanoi street food tasting tour, Hanois Pho